right now i need to take care of some business. it seems that i have gotten some awards lately courtesy of my BFF. so...if i can i am going to try to get those handed out. so here we go...
I received this award from my BFF. She is awesome. And I am not just saying that. She is. She is my hero for many reasons. One being cause she gave me an award! Hehe just kidding. First, some rules...
In order to recieve this award I must do the following and you the same if you choose too
1) Put the logo within my blog or on my post
2) Pass the award onto 12 fellow bloggers
3) Link the nominees within my post
4) Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog
5) Share the love and link to the person whom you received this award from.
Here are the 12 people I am passing this award on to. In no particular order of course. Some of these are smaller blogs like mine and some are crazy large. These are just people I like to read. So go check them out.
1. Ali over at H&AH. She is crazy. She makes me laugh.
2. Sarah at Stroller Ballet.
3. I found Meeko through Supah. He. is. hysterical.
4. Gavin who writes about Asperger's. I have a 12 year old who is Aspie.
5. Such a sweet blog. Tami.
6. Joe. Always interesting.
7. This guy made me spit coke out my nose.
8. Just an army wife and just a mother.
9. Love me some SueBob.
10. Carrie. Adorable.
11. Crystal over at Autism's B*tch.
12. AmyAnne. LOVE it! Duct tape rocks!!
Ok. So now I gotta go comment on everyone. Gonna open another BudLite and see how the commenting goes. Enjoy these blogs.
Ok for the next order of business. I also received another award from BFF Steph. This one is so special to me because of what it means. Below is the write up and description of what it is and what it means. So keep reading and enjoy!
What is a Stiletto Award???
There are thousands of blogs, and there are hundreds of awards. The Stiletto Award is a little different than most!
Classy – Strong -Exotic – Demure – Extreme – Ultra – Sexy - Bold – Funky
“Walking in extremely high heels is not something that the average woman (or man) will need to do in their everyday life.
However, there are times when this skill may be required.”
AND… what is a “blogger”? According to Dictionary.com the official definition is:
Blogger: One who writes entries in, adds material to, or maintains a weblog
However, I think there is a LOT more to it than that. My definition of a blogger…
Blogger: A strong, confident woman who has a full life. Because of the nature of her existence, she seeks connection and companionship with others who understand and wish to support her. She gains strength and courage from the experiences of these woman and shares her story in return. Through the “blog world” she develops relationships with women she would otherwise never meet and builds a community of cherished friends with whom she shares her life, experiences, challenges, failures, triumphs, goals, family and so much more! She IS Classy, Strong, Exotic, Demure, Extreme, Ultra, Sexy, Bold and Funky!
“To walk gracefully in high heels, take short steps, as opposed to long strides, and come down in a heel-toe, heel-toe motion.”
Hence, the Stiletto Award…For Excellence in Blogging!
I want to salute the women who balance life, family & relationships with style & class! Those women who share their experiences with us…who encourage us, inspire us, teach us, make us laugh and basically keep us going! You know who they are! While you read this blog, your family is looking at you wondering what the heck you are laughing about so hard…or why the tissue is necessary for internet browsing. It’s the one that the kids are excited about cuz a new post means a new craft project or family outing. The one that inspires you to be a better mom, friend, person in general. The one that reminds you that we are all “in this life together” and you’re not the only one going through the hard stuff. The one that you secretly wish your blog was like…
“It is good to get into the habit of doing the warm-up and cool-down exercises every time you wear them.”
If you’ve received this award, someone out there thinks you deserve it! Be proud! Display the badge with honor! You earned it…after all it means that you brought something special to at least one other person, and really, isn’t that what life’s all about????
“Under no circumstances drive a car with your heels on. Not only do you have less control over the car, but it will damage your shoes – and they aren’t cheap at this height. Keep spare shoes in the car for driving, or have someone drive you.”
This blog is meant to be shared, to be given out, to be bestowed upon any and ALL women who exemplify what the stiletto represents. If you’ve received this award, here’s what you do:
1. Display your Stiletto Badge of Honor on your sidebar! Wear it with pride…
“Heels this high are not meant for clubbing or walking long distances in. They are mainly used for getting from the living room to the bedroom, from the car to the restaurant, or for a short stroll along the catwalk.”
2. BRAG ABOUT IT! -write a post about your award.
3. SAY THANKS! - include a link to the friend who nominated you for the award.
4. SHARE THE LOVE! -nominate 5-10 blogs that you feel deserve the award. Include links to them in your post -and- leave them a comment to let them know they are nominated. 5. DO WHAT YOU DO! -keep at it. Keep inspiring and encouraging and sharing your life! We love it and we thank you!!!
1. Candace. She's big time. But I just love her. Strong single mommy. Who I am sure could SO rock a pair of stiletto's.
2. Jamee. Strong. Survivor.
3. Jane over here. I would love to meet this mommy!
4. Alyssa. Expecting her princess soon!
5. The insanity of being a mom. Check it out!!
Ok. There we go. I just handed out my blogging love. Let's see what happens. I really need to make me and the BFF some blog buttons. And I have been trying. Just cannot seem to get in it and get it done. I really want a cute cartoon-y one like the 'big bloggers' have. I am going to have to work on that.
In other news I just now found out that one of the 'loves of my life' is planning on getting married. *sigh* really? That is the icing on my sh!t cake.
Right now I am watching My Life As Liz on MTV. I love this show. I think we need to have a My Life As YaYa. It would be awesome. And funny. Hysterical actually. Ok. I handed out my awards and now I am going to comment on them and go pee. Thank you BudLite.